Hey, you know what's cool? The fact that there are tons of major league sports teams getting on board with this whole Spirit Day thing.
For those who don't know, Spirit Day is run by GLAAD and it's an anti-bullying campaign. The Flyers are on board, and so are the Canucks - I'm sure other teams are as well, but those are the primary teams I've seen from the NHL being talked about today.
Awesome! Okay, here are some links.
- The PBruins are on the road for two games this weekend, as you all well know. [AHLBruins]
- Niklas Svedberg will get the start, his first in North America, in goal tonight! [AHLBruins]
- Here's an awesome feature on today's Spirit Day and remembering Brendan Burke, from Chris Peters, who always does a great job with this stuff. Plus, America. [USoH]
- So Brett Hextall and the Portland Pirates made a Gangnam Style parody and it is AMAZING. Check it out. [Youtube]
- Here's some stuff on the bargaining, from an actual facts lawyer. [The Score]
- Dwayne Roloson is going to coach at UMass Lowell until the lockout ends. [USCHO]
- Nicklas Backstrom is going to join Alex Ovechkin on his KHL team since the lockout isn't ending. [PHT]
- Meanwhile in Canada (actually, Erie Ohio)....Connor McDavid is the next Sidney Crosby or something. [Sportsnet]
- Sidney Crosby says Sorry I'm Not Sorry for hurting Claude Giroux. Welp. [Philly]