Elsa - Getty Images
In and around the lockout, it's easy to miss dates that should stick in our memories like glue. Yesterday marks the one-year anniversary of the Bruins' banner raising ceremony at the Garden.
Were you in attendance that night? Did you really care that they followed it up with a loss to the Flyers? The ceremony was so well done, from the video highlights to the dramatic banner reveal. Too bad we won't be able to see the Kings do the same thing this year.
- Check out the new P-Bruins logo on the ice at the Dunk. Looking pretty good there. [Instagram]
- It's always a good day to read about Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner's bromance. [Masslive]
- It'll be just like old times in Czech for Andrew Ference this time around. [ESPN]
- Catching up with a few people who work around the Garden - just how bad will it get for them? [NEHJ]
- David Krejci, Tuukka Rask, and Dennis Seidenberg's teams got wins yesterday in Europe. [Examiner]
- Here's an updated list of all the NHL players playing overseas. [SBNation]
- Here's a letter from Mike Gillis to Canucks fans....which would translate pretty well to any fanbase, actually. [Nucks Misconduct]
- THW is running a fantasy KHL league, if you're really desperate. [THW]
- Apparently according to Bruce Garrioch, some of the owners may be starting to crack. [Ottawa Sun]
- Here's the backstory about Shane Doan's decision making process this summer. It's crazier and sadder than we thought. [USA Today]