Happy February...it's finally time for another edition of the Cup of Chowder Midweek Prospect Report! After the jump, check out who's hot, who's not, who's promoted and demoted, and who's carrying on the tradition of Bruins prospects scoring goals at Fenway Park...
- Craig Cunningham, formerly of the Vancouver Giants, is turning into a nice surprise for the struggling PBruins this year. Of the 20 GWGs scored this season, four belong to Cunningham.
- Nathan McIver has finally recovered from a broken fibula suffered in the first game of the season. In his ten games back since returning, the P-Bruins have gone 6-2-1-1.
- Stefan Chaput has been out since December after having surgery on an undisclosed injury. Chaput posted on his twitter that he is "in for a long recovery." It's likely that he is done for the season.
- The only player on the P-Bruins' current roster with a plus rating is Notre Dame product Calle Ridderwall. Ridderwall has played in 38 games, has only amassed 8 PIMs, and plays a huge amount of shorthanded time. He may not make a huge mark on the scoresheet, but his defensive skill is noteworthy - with time, it's very possible he could develop into a Gregory Campbell type.
- Maxime Sauve still has not returned after suffering a severe concussion several weeks ago. There is no current timetable for his return.
- Anton Khudobin's GAA dropped over the course of two months, but his save% has gone up slightly - indicative of improved shot-blocking, as fewer shots are getting through to the net.
- Adam Courchaine, the forgotten goalie prospect playing for the ECHL's Alaska Aces (and his former P-Bruins coach, Rob Murray) has become the team's starter, as his partner, ECHL goalie of the year Gerald Coleman, is up on an AHL tryout. Courchaine is currently in the midst of an 11-games-in-20-days roadtrip, where he will have to start every game - the Aces have no backup goaltender to speak of. KHL NOTABLES
- Defenseman Maxim Chudinov has 31 points in 43 games, and recently also played in the KHL All-Star Game in Riga, Latvia. He was voted in as Fan's Choice (fans select three forwards, two D, and a goalie for each team) for Team Ozolins. His team lost 15-11 to Team Fedorov.
- Defenseman Yuri Alexandrov, formerly playing for SKA St. Petersburg, now plays for Avangard Omsk. Looking into whether this was a trade or what....will have an update by the next report.
- Dougie Hamilton of the Niagara Ice Dogs has five points in four games in the month of January, but is currently serving a 10-game suspension for a high hit to the head.
- Ryan Spooner has a point-per-game for Sarnia since being traded from Kingston 11 games ago.
- Jared Knight was sidelined with a neck injury, but not a concussion, as he was quick to point out. He was given time off to recover and is now back in the lineup for the CHL's top-ranked London Knights.
- Alexander Khokhlachev has 54 points in 43 games as an 18 year old for Windsor. Can has Koko in the NHL soon?
- Brian Ferlin is having a very decent rookie campaign, with 18 points in 21 games for Cornell.
- Justin Florek of Northern Michigan University has 22 points in 26 games, with eight of his 14 goals coming on the powerplay. The senior will likely join Providence when his season ends in March or April. His team is currently ranked 19th by USCHO.com, with a 12-9-5 record.
- Rob O'Gara, a Bruins prospect out of Milton Academy, joined the prestigious ranks of players who have scored a goal at Fenway Park last month. Although Nobles & Greenough eventually beat Milton Academy 7-2, it must be a pretty great experience. Watch video of O'Gara's postgame interview here.
- Goaltender Lars Volden has been demoted from the SM-Liiga's Espoo Blues to Jokipojat, a team in the second-highest league in Finland known as Mestis. His numbers will be updated in the table to reflect this change as soon as Jokipojat's website is updated. (relatedly, Volden in finnish translates to "violence" and this is awesome.)
|BOSTON BRUINS 2011-12 SKATER PROSPECT STATS as of 2-1-12|
|ARNIEL, Jamie||C/L||5'11"||183||09/16/89||Providence (AHL)||44||4||6||10||-14||18||0||0||1|
|ALEXANDROV, Yury||D/L||6'0"||185||06/24/88||SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)||14||1||1||2||+8||8||0||0||0|
|Avangard Omsk (KHL)||17||2||0||2||-3||16||0||0||0|
|BARTKOWSKI, Matt||D/L||6'1"||203||06/04/88||Providence (AHL)||40||2||15||17||-10||34||0||0||0|
|BODNARCHUK, Andrew||D/L||5'11"||190||07/11/88||Providence (AHL)||42||4||7||11||-3||26||1||0||1|
|BUTTON, Ryan||D/L||6'0"||185||03/26/91||Providence (AHL)||12||0||1||1||-10||10||0||0||0|
|CAMPER, Carter||C/R||5'9"||173||07/06/88||Providence (AHL)||44||10||21||31||-8||14||6||0||3|
|CAMARA, Anthony||LW/L||6'1"||194||09/04/93||Saginaw (OHL)||35||7||12||19||-7||76||0||0||0|
|CANTIN, Marc||D/R||6'1"||192||03/27/90||Providence (AHL)||19||0||0||0||-7||22||0||0||0|
|CHAPUT, Stefan||C/L||6'0"||185||03/11/88||Providence (AHL)||11||4||1||5||+1||4||0||1||0|
|CHUDINOV, Maxim||D/R||5'10"||181||03/25/90||Severstal Cherepovets (KHL)||43||9||22||31||+4||44||14||1||0|
|COHEN, Colby||D/R||6'3"||215||04/25/89||Providence (AHL)||34||1||7||8||-3||25||1||0||0|
|CROSS, Tommy||D/L||6'3"||210||09/12/89||Boston College (HEA)||27||3||14||17||52||1||0||2|
|CUNNINGHAM, Craig||LW/L||5'9"||175||09/13/90||Providence (AHL)||45||9||10||19||-6||16||2||0||4|
|FERLIN, Brian||F/R||6'2"||201||06/03/92||Cornell University (ECAC)||21||7||11||18||0||24||1||0||1|
|FLOREK, Justin||F/L||6'4"||200||05/18/90||Northern Michigan University (CCHA)||26||14||8||22||0||12||8||0||2|
|HAMILL, Zach||C/R||5'11"||180||09/23/88||Providence (AHL)||25||7||7||14||0||18||0||1||0|
|HAMILTON, Dougie||D/R||6'4"||193||06/17/93||Niagara (OHL)||34||13||37||50||+19||41||8||0||3|
|HENNESSY, Josh||C/L||6'0"||198||02/07/85||Providence (AHL)||43||13||14||27||-8||16||7||0||1|
|KNIGHT, Jared||RW/R||5'11"||202||01/16/92||London (OHL)||32||18||20||38||+ 26||24||4||0||2|
|KHOKHLACHEV, Alexander||C/L||5'10"||172||09/09/93||Windsor (OHL)||43||20||34||54||-13||24||7||0||2|
|MacDERMID, Lane||LW/L||6'3"||205||08/25/89||Providence (AHL)||44||3||7||10||-2||99||0||0||0|
|MacDONALD, Kirk||F/R||6'2"||210||12/18/83||Providence (AHL)||43||1||12||13||-9||46||0||0||0|
|MacKINNON, Kyle||C/L||5'11"||185||10/28/87||Providence (AHL)||38||5||4||9||-1||11||0||0||1|
|McKELVIE, Zach||D/L||6'2"||200||02/22/85||Providence (AHL)||29||1||1||2||-8||33||0||0||0|
|McIVER, Nathan||D/L||6'2"||195||01/06/85||Providence (AHL)||11||0||0||0||0||22||0||0||0|
|O'GARA, Rob||D/L||6'2"||185||07/06/93||Milton Academy (ISL)||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|RANDELL, Tyler||RW/R||6'1"||195||06/15/91||Providence (AHL)||30||2||0||2||-11||45||0||0||0|
|RIDDERWALL, Calle||F/L||6'0"||193||05/28/88||Providence (AHL)||38||6||7||13||+1||8||0||0||1|
|RIENDEAU, Yannick||RW/L||5'10"||178||06/18/88||Providence (AHL)||10||3||1||4||-4||2||1||0||1|
|SAUVE, Maxime||LW/L||6'0"||170||01/30/90||Providence (AHL)||20||3||2||5||-7||18||0||0||1|
|SEXTON, Ben||C/R||6'0"||193||06/06/91||Clarkson University (ECAC)||16||6||10||16||0||26||5||0||0|
|SPOONER, Ryan||C/L||5'10"||175||01/30/92||Kingston (OHL)||27||14||18||32||0||8||1||7||1|
|TARDIF, Jamie||RW/R||6'0"||205||01/23/85||Providence (AHL)||35||9||7||16||-8||21||6||0||0|
|TROTMAN, Zach||D/R||6'04"||202||08-26-90||Lake Superior State University (CCHA)||30||8||9||17||0||6||5||0||2|
|WARSOFSKY, David||D/L||5'9"||170||05/30/90||Providence (AHL)||36||2||18||20||-4||12||0||0||0|
|WHITFIELD, Trent||C/L||5'11"||204||06/17/77||Providence (AHL)||23||2||3||5||-7||18||0||0||0|
|BOSTON BRUINS 2011 -12 GOALTENDER PROSPECT STATS as of 2-1-12|
|Player||Catches||Ht||Wt||Birthdate||2009-10 Club/League||GP||Mins||GA||SO||GAA||W-L-OT||Shts||Sv %|
|COURCHAINE, Adam||right||6'3"||185||02/20/89||Alaska (ECHL)||23||1400||51||2||2.19||14-5-2||619||0.918|
|GOTHBERG, Zane||left||6'1"||177||08/20/92||Fargo (USHL)||27||1634||66||3||2.42||15-10-2||768||0.914|
|HUTCHINSON, Michael||right||6'03"||192||03/02/90||Providence (AHL)||12||688:09||30||0||2.62||3-8-0||354||0.915|
|KHUDOBIN, Anton||left||5'11"||203||05/07/86||Providence (AHL)||33||1960:36||86||2||2.63||16-14-3||1066||0.919|
|VOLDEN, Lars||left||6'2"||189||07/26/92||Espoo (SM-Liiga)||3||138||7||1||3.04||1-0-1||76||0.908|