Sorry about the lack of a clever title, but none of you read this anyways, so I'm not that pressed. I'm really way too excited to see the Bruins in two days to function, how in the heck am I going to get through the next two work days.
Anyway, the Bruins dropped a stinker in Minnesota - you might say "oh hey Sarah you're an idiot, they put 49 shots on goal how is that a stinker!" but when approximately 45 of those shots are straight into Niklas Backstrom's chest, you are not going to score goals. Seriously. It's going to be tough without Nathan Horton and Rich Peverley, going forward, and maybe this is the time to make a big trade, but whether a trade happens or not, wins are not going to happen against good goalies like Backstrom with poor quality shots like that.
After the jump, a really long fight, a look at the next opponent, the Red Wings won a lot of games at home, and more...
- Would the Bruins dump valuable prospects for another shot at the Stanley Cup? [The Hockey Writers]
- Chris Kelly broke some teeth in practice the other day. Sucks. [Rant Sports]
- Tyler Seguin is still good. How good? Look at his numbers for the first year and a half of his career. [NEHJ]
- Blake Wheeler has had a wild year. It's been that long since he was traded. [Globe and Mail]
- Mattias Ohlund is having season-ending knee surgery that could save his career. [Tampa Bay ONline]
- George Parros and Krys Barch had a super long fight. It was pretty cool. [PHT]
- The Red Wings won their 23rd straight game at home. Annoying. [NHL]
- The Blues dropped a 3-1 decision to Chicago on Sunday on Hockey Day in America. Next up, the Bruins. WOOOO [STL Today]