There weren't really any bright spots in last night's game. Just an embarrassing blowout. Every team suffers a few every year (please remember: the Red Wings getting blown out 10-3 right before playoffs last year by the already-numerically eliminated Blues) so...whatever, on to the Predators on Saturday. But one has to wonder what moves will be made in the coming week. A big roadie is coming up soon, and it's been proven that making moves before a huge trip works pretty darn well.
Question is, who goes, who stays, and who arrives?
After the jump, the NHL makes a ~humongous big secret~ announcement today, and more...
- Patrice Bergeron does it all, according to Claude Julien. [Globe]
- Lindy Ruff was in the press box for last night's game, and he got to provide slightly different analysis than usual. [Tonawanda News]
- Notebook from yesterday, including a bit about the Bruins' odd stretching routine. [Globe]
- What was with that non-goal yesterday? [Herald]
- The NHL is making a ~huge announcement in Detroit and at Ann Arbor today~! I wonder what it could be. [NHL]
- Ken Hitchcock is learning to adapt his coaching style to the way the game is played now. He's doing a pretty damn good job of it. [Globe and Mail]
- Miikka Kiprusoff became the first Finn to hit 300 wins last night. [PHT]
- Ilya Bryzgalov strikes again. This time, he talks about the shootout. [CSN Philly]
- Will Philly reunite the Schenn brothers? Will that be this year's "Kessel to Toronto 2009"? [Sun]