BOSTON, MA - MARCH 10: Tomas Vokoun #29 of the Washington Capitals tries to play the puck as Chris Kelly #23 of the Boston Bruins defends on March 10, 2012 at TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
Two straight weekends with back-to-back games for the Bruins? Not a helpful schedule. The Bruins lost both games last week, to the Isles and Rangers, and after a frustrating loss (how many times has that been said the past few months?) they have to travel to Pittsburgh to take on the red-hot but still Sid-less Penguins.
Crosby was thought to possibly be returning for today´s game, which I´m sure the League would´ve been all for since it´s an NBC game. However, he will not play today and hopes to be back Thursday. Fortunately for the Pens, they have some guy named Geno carrying them.
After the jump, Benoit Pouliot pulls out late, a great story out of Minnesota, and Claude Giroux does Claude Giroux.
- It´s very difficult to give your opponent two 2-goal leads and win. [ESPN]
- Not having Crosby hasn´t been much of an issue for the Penguins. Imagine if they get him back... Shudder. [ESPN]
- The top two lines can get better. That can pretty much be said about the entire team right now. [WEEI]
- Tuukka Rask is staying positive through his injury. It´s noteworthy that Haggs suggests he´ll need most of the 4-6 week timetable to recover, though that depends on your opinion of Haggs I guess. Also, happy 25th birthday Tuukka! [CSNNE]
- Benoit Pouliot pulled out of last night´s game with a lower-body injury after going through warmups and realizing he couldn´t get through the game. That left Mike Mottau, a defenseman, to jump onto the fourth line and Lane MacDermid to the third line. Claude doesn´t sound too happy about it. [CSNNE]
- Senators fans helped out the anthem singer last night after she got lost on the French portion of ¨O Canada¨. [Puck Daddy]
- Jack Jablonski´s team won the Minnesota Class 2A state title last night. Sounds like something from a movie. One player, Grant Besse, scored all five goals for the team. [Puck Daddy]
- Andrei Markov made his long,long,long-awaited return to the Montreal lineup as the Habs beat the Nucks 4-1, in a game that nobody deserved to win because both teams are terrible. But yeah let´s go Habs, all the way to 9th in the East. [TSN]
- Zdeno Chara´s hit on Marcus Johansson broke some glass yesterday. Mike van Ryn didn´t think it was anything serious. [NHL]
- Claude Giroux with some Datsyukian shootout stuff. [NHL]
Anyone surprised the Revolution lost last night in their season opener? Anyone? Anyone?