If the Bruins gain any points tonight they clinch a playoff spot. Awesome. Preferably they'll win, but even an OT loss will get them to the postseason. Excellent.
Of course no week would be complete without some sort of weird injury, and Dennis Seidenberg's infected leg takes the cake today. We won't get to see Torey Krug appear just yet, though; Joe Corvo will be in for Seids tonight.
- Dennis Seidenberg has an infection. Yuck. [Globe]
- Should the Bruins be resting some of their stars with six games remaining? How about we guarantee playoffs first, ok. Then maybe. [The Hockey Writers]
- Apparently Cuts for a Cause was a success again. Yay! [Globe]
- Zdeno Chara's stretch of struggly games is over, for sure. [Mass Live]
- Benoit Pouliot is inspired by his late father. Get some tissues ready. [Eagle Tribune]
- Rich Peverley is so useful, man. He can play pretty much every role for this team. [Globe]
- The Victoriaville Tigres warmed up in flying V formation the other day. This is hilarious. Definitely watch this video. [Buzzing the Net]
- The Canadiens fired Pierre Gauthier and Bob Gainey, lollllllllllll. [Globe and Mail]
- Canucks fans held a prayer rally for Daniel Sedin. I don't even know, man. [Sun]
- Gabriel Landeskog should win the Calder Trophy. There really is no competition here. [Denver Post]
- The Preds are in the playoffs, wooooo! [Clarksville Online]