Oh Brooks Laich. You can change my tires any day.
You know, it's a special brand of cruelty that playoff games aren't on at different times for the first round. When someone hands you a playoff ticket for not a lot of money, you go, right? Even if it's not your team. The Blues-Sharks game last night was awesome, but I spent a good deal of it scoreboard watching. I don't have the attention span for this nonsense. NHL, get your shit together.
Chris Kelly's goal was super pretty, eh?
After the jump, some stuff about tonight's playoff matchups and also Dennis Wideman, just for funsies.
- Tim Thomas is totally poised in net, even when he doesn't see a lot of rubber, and that's good. [Herald]
- Zdeno Chara and Dennis Seidenberg successfully shut down Ovechkin last night. [CBS Local]
- Chris Kelly won the bling last night. I honestly think, as I believe Servo said this morning, Andrew Ference just grabs random things he finds on the street, makes up a meaning for them, and makes his teammates wear them just for laughs. It's probably his bike chain. Or someone else's bike chain that they are now missing. [Mass Live]
- More on the chain. [WEEI]
- Dennis Wideman isn't mad about how he was treated at the end of his tenure in Boston. [Herald]
- The Bruins are raring to go again, and Tyler Seguin looks to see much more time this year than last year. [LF Press]
- Devils vs Panthers starts tonight! John Madden is ready to play his old team! The Panthers are zzzzzzzzzzzz [NJ]
- Oh sorry I fell asleep there. Hey, that Martin Hanzal, he's so hot right now. [Hockey News]
- So I got to see double OT last night. Sadly, it did not go the Blues' way. [STL Today]
- A preview for tonight's Kings/Canucks game? oh sure. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Alexander Radulov needs to turn it on for playoffs. [Tennessean]