WASHINGTON, DC - APRIL 22: Tyler Seguin #19 celebrates with Patrice Bergeron #37 of the Boston Bruins after scoring the game winning goal in overtime against the Washington Capitals in Game Six of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Verizon Center on April 22, 2012 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)
Congratulations, Bruins: you have outlasted not only both of 99% of the media's favorite picks for the Stanley Cup Finals, but also the Red Wings and the Sharks. If Ottawa and Phoenix close their respective doors tonight, that means only two series will still need to be decided - Bruins/Capitals and New Jersey/Florida.
Also, as I write this, Patrice Bergeron was just nominated for the Selke Trophy! FINALLY.
- Tyler Seguin got his first ever playoff OT goal. Seguinistas everywhere, get your marriage proposals ready. [Telegram]
- Game 7? The Bruins eat game 7's for breakfast. [ESPN]
- SELKE NOMS ALL UP IN HURR. [NHL]
- Seriously I was way more worried about the losing in game 6. YAY GAME 7 AT HOME! [Herald]
- Patrice Bergeron has some sort of injury which he is clearly going to play through, okay. [Globe]
- A horrendously terrible turnover by Nicklas Backstrom cost the Caps the game. [Washington Times]
- LOL BYE PENGUINS. That Claude Giroux is a crazy man. [Trentonian]
- Thank you, Kings, for doing what everyone hoped you'd do. [Sun]
- Now that he's done, let's look at some funny Luongo trade proposals! [Canada.com]
- This sounds familiar: the Coyotes' power play is in need of a jolt. [AZ Central]
- The Rangers are on the ropes. [NY TImes]
- Confused about the Coyotes' ownership situation? Here is a little tl;dr for you. [Biz Journals]
- Brian Boyle is out, but Carl Hagelin and Daniel Alfredsson are both in tonight. [NYDN]