Basically, what the headline says. This is not groundbreaking new territory for the Bruins. It's a different team in some respects, yes; there's no Mark Recchi, no Michael Ryder. But in their stead, Brian Rolston and Benoit Pouliot have filled in nicely this series, to be sure.
Tonight, Tim Thomas needs to put on a show of epic proportions. Tonight, the first line of Milan Lucic, David Krejci, and Tyler Seguin need to STEAL that show. Doubly so because of Patrice Bergeron - the solid center is injured, and despite still being great with his usual two-way game on Sunday, it'd be awesome if his team could rally around him and prevent the need for him to try to bail the team out.
Seven and a half hours, people. Gird your loins, because it's about to get real.
- Language is no barrier in the Bruins' room. This is a neat different look at this aspect of hockey. [Globe]
- Tim Thomas is going to be in a "don't text and drive" commercial. [Network World]
- Let's take a look back at recent Bruins game 7's. [Globe]
- Timmy is in Game 7 mode. Good. That is where we need him. [ESPN]
- The Krejci line, and Thomas, looked like their old selves on Sunday. [Herald]
- Game 7? We've been here, don't stress it too hard. (okay, stress it. I sure am.) [NYT]
- Shawn Thornton isn't letting being scratched get to him. [Globe]
- It's a big night in Boston for hockey - and also in Manchester, NH. The Sparklecats have their first game at home against the Admirals tonight. [Union Leader]
- No matter what happens tonight, we'll see a handshake line. [Globe]
- Vote for Benoit Pouliot on TSN's play of the year! [TSN]
- NHL News:
- Travis Zajac got the Devils a win and a forced game 7 in OT last night. [Herald]
- Rookie Adam Larsson is in much the same place Tyler Seguin was last year. [NJ]
- This year, skills-based teams are outside looking in. [Calgary Herald]
- Remember how TJ Oshie slept in and missed a practice last year? He's a changed man now, which is good for the Blues. [STL Today]
- What do no-trade clauses really mean for the Sharks? [CSN Bay Area]
- Mike GIllis blamed the Bruins for the Canucks' failure to get up for playoffs. HA HA [Sun]
- Martin Brodeur will play his 10th game 7 on Thursday. [NJ]