Last night the Rangers did what the Bruins couldn't do and finished off the Capitals in a Game 7 on home ice. I'm curious to see if I was the only one rooting for the Rangers. I get that a lot of people say "well if we're going to lose might as well be to the eventual champs" but I've never felt that way. Especially after such a frustrating series I was quite pleased to see Ovechkin and Co. get eliminated.
That means that it will be Phoenix-LA in the West and New York-New Jersey in the East. Will we hear conspiracy theories about how the NHL wants a New York-Los Angeles final? I'd say there's a decent chance.
Finally, Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and all the Moms out there!
- Looking back to this past season and forward into the future of Tyler Seguin. [WEEI]
- Dougie Hamilton has been called "the best defenseman outside the NHL." I can't wait to see him up here next year. Could the power-play solution be in-house? [CSNNE]
- The Devils' playoff run means Zach Parise is more likely to stay in Newark. But we can still dream. [CSNNE]
- Was Dale Hunter's style a success even if the Caps failed to get past the second round again? Considering the expectations were pretty low, I'd say getting to Game 7 of the 2nd round is pretty decent. [Puck Daddy]
- The schedule for the Conference Finals, starting tonight at 8 PM in Phoenix. [Puck Daddy]
- The US scored a surprising 5-0 victory over host and defending champion Finland in the World Championships this morning. The US now has a spot in the quarterfinals. [NHL]
- The Coyotes are generating excitement and hopefully with a new ownership group tentatively in place that can be sustained. [TSN]