So I met this kid on Saturday (Matt Grzelcyk). He was really nice!
So after a few months off, we're going to start doing lunch links again. It's been a nice time away, but it's time to get back to business. Free agency is only six days away. How convenient - it's even on a Sunday this year. All across the States and Canada, noses will be glued to computer screens in the hopes that Free Agent Frenzy is not a dud like it's been a few times recently.
Aside from that and the draft, we've also had the schedule come out recently for 2012-2013. Barring a lockout, who's planning trips to other cities this year? One highlight is that the Bruins come to Chicago and Nashville in February on President's Day weekend for back to back games on that Sunday and Monday. I'm not saying, I'm just saying...some of y'all should come.
- What is with the Bruins' new fascination with goalies? They've acquired three since the trade deadline in February. Maybe that's a good thing. [Patriot Ledger]
- They may not have had 12834613483 high-end picks this year, but the Bruins did a pretty good job with the lower-profile five they had. [Herald]
- Andrew Ference takes it to the Emerald Necklace for some street hockey/environmental initiatives. Sweet. [Bruins]
- The Blue Jackets had no intention of drafting Nail Yakupov, had he fallen to #2. [Blue Jackets Extra]
- Although Gustavsson is now Winnipeg Jets property, he might not have a real future with that team. [Sun]
- 12 New Englanders were drafted this year - check out from where and where they're headed! [NEHJ]
- Justin Schultz is a free agent, as discussed in today's morning thread. The Flyers are in on him. [CSN Philly]
- Mikhail Grigorenko would love to wear Alex Mogilny's #89 in Buffalo. Neat story. [PHT]
- Roberto Luongo doesn't want to go to Chicago or Toronto, but....Florida? Hmm. [Puck Daddy]
- Luke Schenn is sad to leave Toronto. [Sun]
- The 10 most awkward rookie photographs from the draft, yessssss. This is excellent every year. [Puck Daddy]
- Lubomir Visnovsky does not intend to stay in Europe, but wants to be an Islander. [Isles Point Blank]