So today it's all about the Russians, from coast to coast - while Alexander Khokhlachev made it official yesterday that he's headed home to play in the KHL for his dad this season, Nail Yakupov got up to some shenanigans on twitter that are reminiscent of Alex Ovechkin (if Ovie came without a filter). As well, the CHL's import draft is tomorrow.
Keep your eyes peeled for the Hall of Fame inductees, too - hopefully this year they don't screw up their selections.
- Details on Alex Khokhlachev's impending jump back to Russia. [Windsor Star]
- Bob Mand breaks down the 2012 Bruins' draft class. [THW]
- Ondrej Pavelec may have just screwed the Bruins a little. [USA Today]
- Can we just laugh again at how the Islanders offered their whole draft for the Blue Jackets' #2 pick? And how CBJ actually TURNED IT DOWN? [Blue Jackets Extra]
- Benoit Pouliot didn't get a qualifying offer but his agent thinks he'll sign there anyway. Good luck, Benny. [Tampa Bay]
- Could Rick Nash fill the hole left by Daniel Alfredsson if Alfie retires? [Sens Extra]
- Adam Oates will be a "great fit in DC" according to Rick Tocchet - and apparently this is really happening. [CSN Washington]
- Kerry Fraser's mom died and he wrote a great tribute here. [TSN.ca]
- Nail Yakupov lit up twitter last night. Here are some of his greatest hits. [Puck Daddy]
- Jonathan Toews is 'completely over his concussion.' Good news for the Blackhawks. [Tribune]