There's 93 more days of this until the regular season starts. 93 more days of.....nothing.
Okay, that's not entirely true. There's 77 days until preseason starts, fewer than that until training camp starts, and hopefully between now and then there will be some interesting free agent signings. Other than that, though...it's going to be a long couple of months.
After the jump, Brendan Morrow rumors, a Michigan newspaper gets sued, OHL problems, and an update from the Player...
- So Koko is officially making the jump to Spartak. [NEHJ]
- Shane Doan doesn't want to be a Bruin. :( [PHT]
- ...but Rick Nash maybe does? [CBJ Xtra]
- If you're into hard numbers and fancy stats, here's a look at the importance of neutral zone play. [NHL Numbers]
- If you like numbers but also pretty things, check out this audible infographic about 2012 playoff goals. [Flowing Data]
- The Kitchener Rangers are suing the University of Michigan student newspaper. Ooooh boy. [Mercury]
- Interestingly, the OHL is working on cracking down on teams cheating to steal players. [Star]
- Michael Houser, an undrafted yet awesome goalie from London of the OHL, just signed with Florida. [LFP]
- What's really at stake for the NHLPA? The player speaks. [Puck Daddy]
- Jef Halpern signed with the Rangers yesterday. [Post]
- The Blues might be interested in Brendan Morrow and some other guys maybe? [STL Today]
- What's the deal with Alexander Semin? [Angus Certified]