Aaron Johnson scores goals. Sometimes.
Aaron Johnson sounds like a pretty epic sports name. I can't believe there isn't a baseball player with that name already. Nope, just this journeyman of a defenseman. Like, seriously, this guy has JOURNEYED. He's played for 11 different pro teams since 2006, six of them NHL teams. That's a heck of a resume. And I don't really mean that as a good thing.
But we're in the Aaron Johnson era now - can we just call him AJ? That'd go along with Days of Y'Orr's Jon Fucile's opinion that he sounds like a 90's boy band member. Seriously.
Anyways, moving on. Interviews are the name of the game today, a couple of 'em: Ilya Bryzgalov gives one from hockey camp in Ufa, while Scott Parker, former Avalanche enforcer, gave a doozy of one to Mile High Hockey. Plus awkwardness from Jordin Tootoo's mom, and more...
- Aaron Johnson. Yay. [MetroWest Daily News]
- The Coyotes want David Krejci I guess. [WEEI]
- Former Bruin and 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Mark Recchi thinks labor talks will work out ok this summer. [ESPN]
- The P-Bruins are doing some cool charity stuff. [East Bay RI]
- Seriously if you haven't read this Scott Parker interview yet, do it now. [MHH]
- On the Forecheck gets real awkward with Jordin Tootoo's mom. [OTF]
- The Sabres signed someone who isn't a huge goon????? Oh false alarm it's just a draft pick. [Buffalo News]
- Here's ilya Bryzgalov on life, the universe, Claude Giroux, and everything. [Puck Daddy]