There has never been a Bruins player who wore #80, except for one Zane Gothberg at development camp, I believe. Bo-ring. 80 days is also still a really long time. BUT WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS OFFSEASON TOGETHER.
What has everyone been doing to pass the time? personally, I'm running this next weekend. Beer + running = victory. Winning a medal that can double as a beer bottle opener? Double victory.
After the jump, stuff about the CBA talks, some fun with the Memorial Cup, and trouble on Long Island?
- In news that is actually not news today, the Burins are out of the running on Rick Nash. Welp. [SBN Cleveland]
- The P-Bruins have officially rebranded for the 12-13 season, going with an old-timey logo as their primary and a logo almost identical to the ones on the Bruins' third jerseys for their secondary logo. Both have been used sparsely by the team before, and they look good - cool to see they're going with these rather than the bland spoked P. [Providence Bruins]
- The NHLPA has a lot of work to do at their meetings this week. [CSN Washington]
- So the Shawinigan Cataractes busted up the Memorial Cup a little this summer. Party hardy, kids. [Buzzing the Net]
- The Allstate Mentorship Cup featured current NHLers, including Tyler Seguin, as mentors and coaches this year. [Mississauga.com]
- Could it be......Satan back on Long Island? [Hockeybuzz]
- Also, Lubomir Visnovsky doesn't want to be an Islander. [Ducks Daily]
- Nail Yakupov signed his entry-level contract. [ESPN]