So with the Draft over, Free Agent Frenzy's initial two days finished, and Development camp over, we now enter the long haul. July and August, those sad hockey-less months. How long will it be before we lapse into watching our Stanley Cup DVD's, Miracle, Goon, Mighty Ducks, and whatever other hockey movies we can get our hands on on repeat? (hint: some of us started last weekend.) It's a bleak time.
Luckily we have the Zach Parise/Ryan Suter sweepstakes to keep us entertained! I hope they both sign tomorrow, because AMERICA.
- Shawn Thornton has a cameo in 'Ted'! Has anyone seen this yet? [WEEI]
- Tommy Cross has had three knee surgeries and four years of college; he's finally ready to go pro. [Herald]
- Two articles about BC players? Vomit. Parker Milner did pretty well at camp I GUESS. [ESPN]
- Dougie Hamilton's name is probably penciled into the Bruins' roster for October. [ProJo]
- Here's a roundup of Ryan Spooner's camp. Verdict: pretty good. [Herald]
- Let's recap, again: Derek Roy to Dallas for Steve Ott and some other dude no one cares about. Oh boy. [Rochester Democrat]
- Jonathan Huberdeau won't go back to juniors; get ready to watch him play for Florida. This kid is GOOD. [Miami Herald]
- PARISE WATCH IN FULL EFFECT!!!! [USA Today]
- The Flames now have the second-highest payroll in the league after signing Jiri Hudler (what a stupid name). [Puck Daddy]
- Will the Senators get one more year of Alfie? [Sun]
- Andrew Raycroft is off to Italy to play for a team that might be in the KHL next year. Oh how the mighty have fallen, lol Rask for Raycroft. [Puck Daddy]
- Olli Jokinen to the Jets for $4.5 mil/year, 2 years.Done. [CBC]
- Carey Price is locked up for six years. Great. [Post]