There are 73 days remaining until the Bruins home opener, barring a lockout. Did you know that Michael Ryder is the only active player wearing #73? Mat Clark wore it for two games last season for the Anaheim Ducks, but two games doesn't count. Only 10 players have ever worn that number in the NHL, and Ryder is by far the one who's worn it the longest.
Cool story bro.
- Chiarelli admits that the Bruins tried to give Rask a longer contract. [PHT]
- Matt Kalman chimes in on the Tim Thomas Facebook drama. [CBS Local]
- Dustin Brown grocery shopping with the Cup. Also, doing awesome charity stuff in Ithaca. [Puck Daddy]
- The Sedins apparently have a triplet competing in the Olympics. This is sort of terrifying. [The Score]
- 61 thoughts on Rick Nash from Columbus. Pretty good read. [CBJ Xtra]
- Bobby Butler is not in a rush to find a new NHL team. [Bettor]
- Listing the issues keeping GMs busy this offseason. [USA Today]