Seriously guys, if you pick one day to read the links, today should be it. There's some really interesting one-offs in here, which is odd for the offseason, for sure.
One odd thing going on today is some shuffling of minor league affiliates. No, the Peebs aren't going anywhere. The Bruins' ECHL affiliate, the Reading Royals, have decided to affiliate with the Capitals this year. Just another thing to lose to the Capitals. How lame. We're looking forward to seeing who the Bruins choose to dump their crappier goalie prospects on this year...I mean, who they'll affiliate with in the double-A league.
- Just a piece on Ryan Spooner from last week on the Bruins site. Is he gonna make the big team this year? Maybe. [Bruins]
- Andrew Ference has a blog, and this is his second post. Kind of cool to see things from his perspective. [Good Men Project]
- A UND blog takes a closer look at their new goalie, Zane Gothberg. [ND Goon]
- Here's an Alexander Khokhlachev highlight reel from last season that his new KHL team put together. [Youtube]
- A higher cap floor might make it easier to move Tim Thomas' contract. [PHT]
- "Mooseheads captain signs with stanley cup champs" aka Andrew Bodnarchuk is headed two hours north to play in Manchester. I love spinny headlines. [Metronews]
- Nicklas Lidstrom will be a scout for the Red Wings now. [Sporting News]
- OTL takes a look at a Jewish-American player who's playing in Germany. Really neat stuff here. [ESPN]
- Brett MacLean is doing a lot better, thank goodness. His teammates actually saved his life. [Puck Daddy]
- Shane Doan is ready to check out his options. #DoanWatch2012 [USA Today]
- The Bruins - the ones from UCLA, and yes, they have a hockey team - have done a PSA for You Can Play. This is just a neat look at it. [Daily Bruin]