Taking advantage of a minor story about Seguin to post a photo from his exploits at the ACC? check.
Man if it is this hard to find good links this early in the potentially-locked-out season, I have no idea what I'm going to do come October/November.
So the great story of the day isn't really a great story, it's mostly just eye candy. For the whole summer Underarmour has been teasing a Carey Price/Tyler Seguin commercial and having seen his last commercial with Rick Nash, I know I for one have been
eagerly anticipating new eyecandy because Carey Price is smokin' interested to see what they do this time around.
Well, it's out, and it's in the links today, along with more depressing lockout talk, the Stanley Cup's return to Massachusetts, a story about an NHL ref, and Bobby Orr being awesome. Read on.
- Seguin and Price are protecting this house. Yep, I'll be watching this a few more times today. [Youtube]
- Bobby Orr says: It's "unfair" to call the players greedy. [ESPN]
- Orr also teamed up with Ken Casey and Tuukka Rask for a Celeb Golf Tournament this weekend. [NESN]
- The airline that flies the Bruins around is going bankrupt and is cancelling another one of its NHL contracts. [Tennessean]
- Dean Lombardi brought the Cup to Ludlow over the weekend. [ESPN]
- Ellen Etchingham offers an interesting take on unrequited NHL love and the lockout. [The Score]
- Oh, the NHL can cancel the Winter Classic at any time up to 1/1, and only loses $100K doing so? OH OKAY. [Kukla's Korner]
- Winnipeggers are displeased with Bettman's attempted lockout hat trick. [Canoe]
- Stephen Walkom has been an NHL ref for 20 years and he's still going strong. [Nugget]
- Why the NHL-CHL agreement sucks. No, really. [Junior Hockey]