It's guy love, between two guys
Since there's no actual news, I'm going to start telling dumb stories in this space. Deal with it.
So I do this cool thing called Postcrossing because I like postcards and meeting people from around the world. In my little bio thingy on the site, where you can ask for specific things on the postcards you get from around the world, I list that I love hockey and other sports as well. (I got a postcard with Dwight Howard on it from Korea that talked about Linsanity, once. It was really weird.)
The other day I got a card with little drawings under the text on it. Upon closer inspection - they were Dynamo Moscow logos and little pictures of guys playing hockey! Definitely the coolest card yet. (The one from Edmonton talking about how the person "doesnt really watch hockey, but everyone loves the Oilers anyway, even though they suck" is my second favorite.)
Anyway, I thought it was cool. You should all try this if a lockout happens and you're really bored.
After the jump, ughhhhhh lockout stuff. Also OH MY GOD THERE ARE NEW PICTURES IN THE PHOTO EDITOR WHAT IS THIS
- In case you missed it in the morning links, Tim Thomas is wrasslin' gators in his year off. What. [25 Stanley]
- I'mma let you finish NHL but Zdeno Chara has the hardest slap shot of all time. [Rant Sports]
- Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Spooner, and Jared Knight are all playing in the NHLPA rookie showcase this week. [ProJo]
- Will this new CHLPA thing affect college hockey? Yeah, probably. [USofH]
- Glendale extended their arena deal for 30 more days. Raise your hand if you're shocked. [BizJournal]
- Evgeni Malkin will play for the KHL's CSKA if there's a lockout. [RT]
- And Martin St. Louis will go...somewhere in Europe. [TampaBay]
- Davis Drewiske is the most awesome dude for bringing Lord Stanley to visit Jack Jablonski. [Puck Daddy]
- The Blues' Alex Pietrangelo will have minor surgery today. [STLToday]