The NHL released their national TV schedule today. What absolutely horrendous timing.
If there's no lockout (sobbing right now), the Bruins will be on national TV a total of 17 times this season. Their opening night matchup with the Flyers will be immediately followed on NBC Sports by Blues/Avalanche, which I'm pretty pleased about.
After the jump, more ECHL affiliations have been made, the Hershey Bears' new jerseys are poppin' fresh, and Kyle Turris signed a contract...
- Former NHLers worked at Carroll Center for the Blind in Newton this week. [Wicked Local]
- Should we look ahead at 2013 free agency? oh sure why not. [Mass Live]
- Sean Avery officially retired today. [Yardbarker]
- Kyle Turris signed a five year deal with Ottawa. [Canoe]
- The Maple Leafs invited viewers to "watch paint dry" yesterday. I don't even know. [CBS Sports]
- Vladimir Tarasenko, the Blues' top Russian prospect, is set to arrive in STL today. [STLtoday]
- Evgeni Malkin is denying rumors that he'll play for CSKA Moscow during the lockout. [RT]
- Indiana's Fort Wayne Komets have affiliated with the Anaheim Ducks. [Gazette]
- Former P-Bruins goaltender Dany Sabourin modelled the new Hershey Bears jersey yesterday and man those jerseys look GOOD. [Twitpic]