Man, Shawn Thornton & Co. taking batting practice at Fenway is probably the greatest thing to happen to that park lately. Apparently Tuukka Rask was the only one who was able to get a ball as far as the Monster, which is kind of hilarious.
If anyone wants to get the rumor mill started, Mike Mottau was hanging out with Thornton, Paille, and Rask yesterday, too. Hockeyy Insiderr says this is enough proof that the Bruins will probably re-sign him to serve as D-man #7.
Or, you know, not.
- John Carlson still doesn't have a contract. OFFER SHEET? [CSN Washington]
- Jeff Skinner on the other hand just got paid. [News Observer]
- Marian Gaborik is on the mend! Great. [Blueshirts United]
- The Oilers are trying to develop power forwards? Aren't their kids a little small for that? [Edmonton Journal]
- Apparently the Predators are in the Shane Doan hunt for reals. [Tennessean]
- Non-hockey link of the day:
- The newest internet meme is a good one: McKayla Maroney Is Not Impressed. [tumblr]