So apparently since the NHLPA is not a certified union in Quebec (and Alberta?), players for teams in those provinces are looking into suing the NHL over the lockout. This could get messier than it already is, sadly, which means it's even more likely we won't start the season on time.
Only five more days until it's official. Brace yourselves.
- Ryan Lambert offers his take on the Bruins' salary cap situation for next year. [Puck Daddy]
- Days of Y'Orr presents: While you were protesting.... [DOY]
- Chirelli anticipates that Dougie Hamilton will be able to crack the NHL lineup, with a few hiccups to be expected. He is a rookie after all. [PHT]
- Wow, Byfuglien, wow. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- The NHL is downplaying this Quebec thing but lol maybe they shouldn't. [USA Today]
- Who does and doesn't get paid during a lockout? [Puck Drunk Love]
- The Rangers owner, James Dolan, seems amenable to negotiation - or at least he's better at PR than the other owners. [ESPN]