Four days to lockout doom and it seems like everything is suddenly happening. The Bruins are mostly all in town for the start of a training camp that likely won't occur, and yet for some reason it seems to be business as usual. Informal practices and the annual golf tournament went off without a hitch. And then there are the contract signings - the Bruins ownership is giving out deals like there's no CBA change a'comin'. It's weird.
That said, it's good to see Tyler Seguin locked up for six years. That seems like a nice deal, not an overpayment at all. Awesome.
After the jump, an arena in Seattle, NHL 13 is out woo, and interviews from the annual golf tournament...
- David Krejci laughs at your Bobby Ryan or Keith Yandle trade rumors. Like, seriously. [ESPN]
- The Bruins are ready and waiting for the season to start. [Globe]
- But, Andrew Ference and Tuukka Rask are the opposite of optimistic about it. [ESPN]
- Here's a few leftovers from the golf tourney. [Enterprise News]
- Here is a neat infographic about the history of the EA Sports NHL games. [Backhand Shelf]
- A few Canucks chime in on the lockout. [Globe and Mail]
- This retrospective on Lokomotiv is probably most thorough yet. [THW]
- Down Goes Brown reviewed NHL 13. Seriously, this is good. [Post]
- NHL players are definitely challenging the lockout in Alberta and Quebec. [CTV]
- Patrick Eaves has been recovering from a concussion and it's been 'miserable.' [Freep]
- The proposed Seattle NBA/NHL arena took a huge step forward recently. [Examiner]
- And last but not least, Ryan Jones' You Can Play video is pretty awesome. [Oilers]