One year ago today, the hockey world was rocked by a horrible tragedy - the loss of an entire KHL team in a plane crash. Today, take a minute and remember the likes of Pavol Demitra, Brad McCrimmon, and Ruslan Salei - all of whom, in addition to dozens of others, had their lives cut short.
It's weird, the Lokomotiv crash will always be one of the events where I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. Anyone else feel that way?
- One year later, families still struggle with the loss of Lokomotiv. [ESPN]
- How the new Lokomotiv was reborn, one year after the tragedy. [Puck Daddy]
- Another take, on the brink of a lockout. [Globe]
- The Maple Leafs are the worst sports team, period. [Puck Daddy]
- Why wont you die, Coyotes???1!? [Pass it to Bulis]
- Fans are afterthoughts in the NHL labor battle, sadly. [Post]
- The Dubuque Fighting Saints won a backwards game last night. [DFS]