Oh if only all games could be this excellent. Every line scored a goal - first David Krejci, a minute and a half into the first period, then Chris Kelly, Patrice Bergeron, and Adam McQuaid in the second period, and Shawn Thornton added one more late in the third. It wasn't quite quota, but it was a nice shellacking of a team that had been right ahead of the Bruins in the standings.
For Tuukka Rask, it was his first shutout of the year. For Adam McQuaid, a fight with Nate Thompson late in the third put him just an assist away from the Gordie Howe Hat Trick. Awesome. The Bruins should scratch him again and see if he comes back and has another awesome game like this.
- The Bruins are now 4-1-0 against the Flortheast, suckers.
- Carl Soderberg didn't miss a beat as he played his first game of the season tonight. The line of him, Brad Marchand, and Chris Kelly looked pretty solid.
- All five goals were sweet but Bergeron's and Krejci's in particular were things of beauty.
- Um, nothing. Nothing was bad about that game. Maybe Iginla's fight but you know what if Iggy wants to smash Radko Gudas in his dumb little face when the Bruins are up 5-0, FINE.
- Tonight was the first time Ben Bishop has lost a game this season.
Gif of the night