What a fun game this would have been if not for the 6'8 elbowed traffic cone that is John Scott.
Beating Buffalo is always fun. Nearly reaching quota and beating Buffalo 5-2 with the backup goalie in net....sweet, sweet music. Milan Lucic stole a goal that should have been Iginla's early on, and added another in the second. That's two assists for Iginla on the night. Cody Hodgson ruined Lucic's chance for the natural hat trick and drew the score to within one at 8:21 of the second period; Dougie Hamilton widened the lead to 3-1 off an awesome pass from Marchand after that. Nikita Zadorov closed the gap again, on a goal that Chad Johnson would probably reeeeally like to forget.
Look, Buffalo, it was cool that you kept trying to make comebacks tonight. The Sabres really made a game of it. But then they turned back into the garbage fire that is their true form, and John Scott laid a terrible, bush-league hit on a defenseless Loui Eriksson. Adam McQuaid took the best course of action by going right after Scott, and from there, the Bruins stayed on point and did an excellent job making the Sabres look like the stupid, worthless pieces of trash that they are. Kruuuuug.
- The Bruins are now 5-1 against the Flortheast.
- Torey Krug is continuing to prove that he wasn't just a playoff flash in the pan. What beauties of goals by that guy tonight - especially the second one to make it 5-2.
- Milan Lucic with yet another three-point game. Pretty amazing. He took a puck to the face in the first, got injury-cheered by Sabres fans, and shoved it in their faces by scoring again in the second period. Excellent.
- Woof, Chad Johnson. Hope Rask is ready to play a LOT.
- John Scott. Just everything about John Scott. Get him out of the league.
- This was the tenth three-point game of Milan Lucic's career.
Even more awesome from Krug!
eat it, Sabres
Gif of the night
because OH MY GOD