Welcome to the Flortheast, Detroit Flying Tires! The Bruins dominated tonight's game from top to bottom - from Brad Marchand making Detroit's D look foolish on a slick wrist shot that beat Jimmy Howard stick-side, to Jordan Caron and the third line's work paying off. Zdeno Chara and Torey Krug pitched in on the scoring as well, on the power play. Actual power play goals? What? Who? HOW??
Honk Zonkerbonk Henrik Zetterberg scored the Wings' only goal, in the first period. And that was that.
- Watching the Red Sox win their second ALDS game on the jumbotron at TD Garden was pretty awesome.
- Torey Krug is on pace to score 41 goals this year. BOOK IT
- Jordan Caron actually scoring after last night's goal-that-wasn't-a-goal (that totally should have been a goal.) He and the rest of the third line have played incredibly well through the first two games - definitely much better than most of us anticipated.
- Zdeno Chara's bit of stickhandling on the last goal was pretty flippin' great.
- When does Matt Bartkowski come on for Adam McQuaid? McQuaid's a fair defenseman, but he let Wings forwards get behind him multiple times in tonight's game. It was good to see Julien switch up the D-pairs and get him with Chara, while Krug and Hamilton had time together instead.
Abdul Kadar Justin Abdelkader's hit on Brad Marchand may have been inadvertent, but it wasn't pleasant, and he definitely appeared to leave his feet. Luckily, Marchand only missed one shift before rejoining his linemates.
- Tonight was Tuukka Rask's third game against the Red Wings, and his first win. Sweet!
MOAR PP GOALS
Gif of the night: Timrich88
KOJI HIGH FIVES
Tweet of the Night:
No good #chowdahskate tweets tonight. At least, none as good as this one. Chris Kelly, you so great:
Chris Kelly, part of the B's dominant penalty kill, on seeing his special teams counterparts do well: "I love watching the power play" ^CS— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) October 6, 2013
Comment of the night: Johnny Appleseed