The Providence Bruins (7-5-0-2) lost on Friday night to the Norfolk Admirals after four first period goals were insurmountable against Admirals goaltender John Gibson. Niklas Svedberg allowed four goals on 20 shots in the opening frame, and although he was kept in net for the rest of the game and didn't allow in another goal, Providence fell short in the 4-3 loss.
The slow start has been characteristic of many of the P-Bruins losses this season, but the team has shown the ability to remedy the problem and will look to rebound with a win against divisional rival (and Phoenix Coyotes AHL affiliate) Portland Pirates (5-5-0-2) on Sunday afternoon in Providence.
P-Bruins vs Pirates, 3pm EST
- Second of 10 meetings this season. Providence won first meeting on October 12 5-2 in Portland.
- Providence: Third in Atlantic Division, 10th in Eastern Conference; Portland: Fourth in Atlantic, 13th in Eastern Conference
- Portland is 3-0-0-1 in their last four games
- Providence is 3-3-0-1 at home; Portland is 3-1-0-0 on the road
- Providence has a goal differential of +4 (52 FA, 48 GA); Portland has an even goal differential (34 GA/GA)
- Providence is fourth on the power play (24.2%); Portland is 18th (16.1%)
- Providence is 30th on the penalty kill (72.3); Portland is seventh (85.7%)
- Providence has gone two straight games without allowing a power play goal against for the first time this season
Fallstrom will sit out and Griffith will get back into the lineup after being a healthy scratch for the last two games. Lindblad will move to center the third line and Griffith will play left wing on the second line.
Providence forward lines
Providence defense pairings
- Joe Morrow – Kevan Miller
Portland forward lines
Portland defense pairings
- Brandon Gormley – Human Garbage Randy Jones
- Malcolm Subban: 6GP, 2-3-0, 2.48 GAA, .913 SV%. Subban looks to extend his winning streak to three games.
- Louis Domingue: 2 GP, 0-0-0, 1.89 GAA, .933 SV%.
- Ryan Spooner has nine points in his last four games.
- Joe Morrow looks to extend his point streak to five games (currently has five points in four games).
- This is half-assed because I'm short on time. Game starts soon okay bye.