Winless streak: snapped! Tuukka Rask stopped 23 of 24 shots, Torey Krug sniped home his sixth goal of the season, and Reilly Smith had his first multi-point game as a member of the Bruins. Brad Marchand snapped his goal-less streak, and Scott Clemmensen played like the sieve we all know he truly is. Through the first 25 minutes or so the Bruins looked sloppy and lethargic, but from that 25 minute mark on, everything was fine.
- Brad Marchand: off the hook with his first goal of the season! Granted, it was a fairly simple tap-in, but maybe it was the tap-in he needed to get going. We'll see going forward.
- Tuukka Rask, sharp as usual. One save in particular stood out, a toe save on a Jonathan Huberdeau wraparound attempt late in the second period.
- Reilly Smith and the third line in general have been looking pretty great these days. Soderberg didn't make it onto the scoresheet tonight, but Chris Kelly and Reilly Smith each had an assist on Torey Krug's goal.
- The slow first period wasn't very encouraging.
- Jesse Winchester's hit on Chris Kelly, which should definitely be reviewed by the league.
- Gregory Campbell's stupid fight against Jesse WInchester, which was stupid and pointless and why do you even try fighting anymore, Soupy.
- David Krejci has 13 points in 12 games so far.
Gif of the night:
Tweet of the night:
leave haggerty alone. RT @cupofchowdah: Thomas tribute. Yeah, there's some boos mixed in there.— indian pilgrimbert (@twolinepass) November 8, 2013