I think it's safe to say that this is the worst game the Bruins have played all season. It's also their first home loss since October 26th. What a way to finish out an eventful 2013.
- David Krejci scored his 100th career goal!
- Spooner's playmaking abilities continue to shine on the power play. Seeing his skills finally translate from AHL to NHL has been tremendous. When he finally pots one I'm going to scream about it from on high until the end of time.
- 4 of the Islanders' 5 goals were on the power play. Coming into this game the Islanders' power play was ranked 22nd in the league. 22nd. Awful. Awful awful awful.
- Also a possible short-term solution to penalty kill issues is staying out of the box.
- Tuukka has not looked sharp these past few games. It's not quite worrisome yet but another consecutive bad game from him and I might start to worry. But uhh... maybe it's time to give him a rest for a half second. Maybe. I dunno. Just a thought.
- Possibly the Bruins started drinking after they went up 1-0.
- This entire game. Goddamn everything about it.