FIRST IN THE CONFERENCE, BABY!
The Bruins put up a five-spot on the Leafs tonight, five goals which included yet another from Torey Krug, an empty netter by someone not named Milan Lucic (Patrice Bergeron!), and, most importantly - Kevan Miller's first NHL goal! Yes, a guy who only scored five goals in his entire college career at UVM has a goal in his fifth NHL game.
Unfortunately, Miller was also boarded by Dion Phaneuf with minutes left in the game, a blatant penalty that went uncalled. Phaneuf may face supplemental discipline....or, you know, any discipline at all....or maybe he won't! It's the NHL, after all, they're making things up as they go along, apparently. Dougie Hamilton also left the game with an injury.
The Phaneuf hit in question:
- Again: Awesome to see Miller get his first NHL goal! California, represent.
- Torey Krug's slapper was a thing of beauty.
- Milan Lucic's effort on the fourth goal that Iginla tapped in was awesome. It's always nice to see him turn on the jets; it doesn't happen very often, but this one was particularly awesome.
- Phaneuf's hit on Miller was stupid and unnecessary.
- Apparently rabbling over a Dennis Seidenberg shoulder-to-shoulder hit was the cool thing to do amongst Leafs fans tonight. Seidenberg got a two-minute penalty for the hit.
- The fact that the next callup is going to be David Warsofsky....lord have mercy on our souls.
- Dougie Hamilton's injury looked like his knee, so here's hoping that isn't too serious.
- The Bruins scored on TWO power plays tonight. Unreal.
Tweet of the Night:
Gross, Claude pic.twitter.com/lVfjR64pq5— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) December 9, 2013