Shootouts. As much at he hates them, Tuukka Rask prefers to win them. And he did.
- The Boston Bruins are breathing down your necks, Canadiens! We'll see you Wednesday. [CausewayCrowd]
- Welcome back, cranky Milan Lucic, who scored on a line with Rich Peverley and Jordan Caron. The Bruins were in their white road sweaters... for luck? Andrew Ference and Aaron Johnson suffered transient "brain freeze."[MassLive]
- With injuries in the defensive corps, Andrew Ference has been playing more, and on his off side. [MetroWestDailyNews]
- Perfect Patrice Bergeron was perfect. And scored twice, on a nice from-behind-the-net feed from Dougie Hamilton, and again in the shootout, where Anton Khudobin tipped Tuukka Rask off on what shot to expect from Nikolai Kulemin. [ESPN]
- Dougie Hamilton showed some grit and determination along with good decision making. [WBZ,CBSLocal]
- The lineup was initially "The Left Wing Shuffle." And Daniel Paille comported himself well in an expanded role that he had earned. [BostonHerald]
- Here's what went right and wrong last night for the Bruins. [WEEI]
- Don't let it go to your head, kid. Is Claude Julien purposely measuring his praise for Tuukka Rask? [ESPN]
- Sophomore Bulldog Chris Casto (Minnesota-Duluth) has signed with the Bruins, likely to report directly to Providence. [SBNation]
- Midseason checkup... how well did these predictions pan out? [CausewayCrowd]
- In praise of Dennis Seidenberg, who has had quite a week for the Bruins. [RantSports]
- Another Calgary Flame name has been tossed into the trade ring, and Calgary scouts were in the house last night. [TSN]
- Martin St. Louis' and Jaromir Jagr 's names have now come up in a trade rumor as potential Bruins targets. [NHLTradeReport]
- Did or did not Geoff Ward... adulterate... a fan's beer? [PuckDaddy]
Elsewhere around the rink...