Did we learn NOTHING from the Bruins' epic Game 7 comeback against the Leafs...? - Bruce Bennett
No one predicted the Bruins' ECF Game 1 shutout of the mighty Penguins, so the Gong Show that was last night's Game 2 rout must have been entirely inconcievable!
The Boston Bruins face the reeling Pittsburgh Penguins at TD Garden Wednesday night at 8pm. Home ice, baby, but don't get cocky!
- Here's the Cliff Notes compilation of Game 2. The Penguins? "Scary bad." [CausewayCrowd]
- The Bruins demurred politely postgame, citing "lucky bounces." The Penguins were in "catch-up" mode from the opening faceoff. [NewYorkDailyNews]
- "Brutal lapses" from two Penguins stars put them down 2-0. Brad Marchand smothered any hope by answering Brandon Sutter 's goal immediately with one of his own. Marc-Andre Fleury, in relief, gave up a goal on the first shot he saw. [HockeyBuzz]
- A series expected to showcase the Penguins' offensive prowess has been anything but, and has chased Tomas Vokoun from the net. [USAToday]
- The Penguins "are kind of a mess. Who knew?" [WEEI]
- Plumbing the depths of the "Pitt of Despair." [Grantland]
- Brad Marchand had the last laugh on Matt Cooke. Are David Krejci and Nathan Horton having a friendly Conn Smythe competition? The Pens' pointless hitting is a FAIL. Tuukka Rask remains unflappable. Jaromir Jagr makes a difference. [ESPN]
- Jagr donned the Army Ranger jacket and spoke about team effort and rolling four lines. Torey Krug braced and took a hit to set up the Nathan Horton goal. [TheBostonGlobe]
- Who thought Tyler Seguin would be relegated to role player? At least he and the third line are doing a good job of it. [PuckDaddy]
- "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain..." Who was that crying in the cabin of a Jet Blue flight to Boston? [NESN]
- Gentlemen! Take your game up a notch with these Classic Top 10 Hockey Pickup Lines! [PuckDaddy]
- LOLZ! Schadenfreude post of the day, the game from a Pens fan prespective, laugh at the blog name, while you're there. [WhatsUpYaSieve]