The NHL has finally gotten off their collective ass and released next year's Bruins schedule. We already discussed the likely most interesting games, but here are some more thoughts:
- Boston kicks off the season with a 3-game homestand, hosting Tampa Bay on October 3rd at 7pm on NESN. The next two visitors are Detroit and Colorado. Lotta former Mooseheads in the building in early October.
- Columbus comes to visit on November 30th, so it's unlikely we'll see Nathan Horton this year.
- Dallas comes to visit on November 5th. PEVERLEY PIZZA PARTY!!!!
We get our FlorthEast division rivals, too:
- 5 games vs. Buffalo
- 5 games vs. Florida
- 4 games vs. Detroit
- 4 games vs. Montreal
- 4 games vs. Toronto
- 4 games vs. Tampa Bay
- 4 games vs. Ottawa
So there you have it: The Bruins' designated Flortheast Rivals this year are Florida and Buffalo. Get fucked, schedule-makers.
TV-wise, it looks like we've got:
- 10 games on NHLN-US
- 11 games on NBCSN, 2 of which may be on NBC
- 3 games on the CBC
- 1 game listed as on NBC: 1pm Black Friday game vs. NYR
Time of day:
- 12:30pm: 2 games (1 home, 1 away)
- 1pm: 10 home games (1 away)
- 3pm: 3 games (1 at home, 2 away)
- 5pm: 1 game in Florida
- 7pm: 39 games
- 7:30pm: 10 games (2 home, 8 away)
- 8:00pm: 7 games (all away)
- 8:30pm: 1 game at Dallas
- 9pm: 2 away games
- 9:30pm: 2 away games
- 10pm: 2 away games
- 10:30pm: 2 away games
Oh, and this little tidbit:
16 back-to-backs for Bruins by my count, including 6 in March.— Joe Meloni (@JoeMeloni) July 19, 2013
Which part of the season are you most looking forward to?