Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Or sometimes, you don't get the full weight in a tweet unless it's organized as such.
Post an embedded image as though Dougie Hamilton just scored a go-ahead goal against Toronto. To post an image:
- Find a suitable image, using Google Image Search or draw one yourself in paint or whatever
- Upload said image to a free hosting service such as minus.com or imgur.com or otherwise. This is also referred to as "re-hosting." If you just hotlink the picture, you can end up with whatever the host you hotlinked from wants there. Sometimes it's a broken image. Sometimes it's a dickpick (actually happened)
- Copy the "direct" URL
- Past the direct URL in between two exclamation points. This indicates to the commenting engine that you've put an image URL in there and it should display the image
- Click preview to make sure that it looks okay
- Click "post"!
Then, post an embedded tweet from a TSN personality (Aaron Ward, Uncle Bob, Dreger, whatever). To post an embedded tweet:
- Find an appropriate tweet.
- Click the "More" link under the tweet. (Note: this is not available on mobile. You'll have to use dark magic or browser ID switching to get this on mobile)
- Click "Embed Tweet"
- Copy the highlighted text that comes up
- Paste that text into a comment
- Click "preview." It won't be perfectly formatted yet.
- Click post.
Give it a go!