Extra Skater Stats
Quota, three games in a row? What is this, Fall 2011?
Milan Lucic opened the scoring 7:41 into the first period, getting David Krejci his first of three points on the night. The second goal looked like Lucic's momentarily, as well - a Zdeno Chara shot that ended up bouncing off Tim Thomas' mask and into the goal without Lucic getting a stick on it. The second period went much the same way; Lucic got his second goal, off a feed from Jarome Iginla, and a power play goal from Reilly Smith. Smith's goal was largely the result of some great work by the one-eyed Yeti Carl Soderberg, who fed him an amazing cross-crease pass.
Then Brad Boyes scored. Oh no former Bruins dot jpg!
The third period got a bit silly - Shawn Thornton scored the most beautiful backhand top shelf wrister of the night, David Krejci scored unassisted, and then Tim Thomas punched Soderberg in the face. TYPICAL THOMAS, but we wouldn't have him any other way, would we?
- Holy moly that Shawn Thornton goal. Every time he does this, it's even more of a shock.
- David Krejci had a three point night., including a goal and two assists. This 3-4 points on the night thing is becoming a common occurrence which is pretty great.
- When will the KIL line slow down? Hopefully never.
- Reilly Smith is back in the team lead for goals with his 18th. He wears #18. The Bruins have scored 18 goals in three games! CRAZY.
- Carl Soderberg is a Swedish terror. It was great to see him getting in Thomas' face enough to rile him up that badly. Of course, lighting Thomas up for six goals probably didn't help...
- This means the Bruins are now the team with the best goal differential in the East. Hell yeah.
- Let's just call this section Ryan Spooner's Lament.
- Wow, Thomas, guess that's what it looks like when you have to play behind a defense that isn't stellar like Boston's? Rough.
- Zdeno Chara's goal was his 501st career point!
Lucic goal #1!
Lucic goal 2....nope...wait...Chara.
Okay here's Lucic #2, for real.
Smith from Swedes!
Wow, Shawny T.
WHY, TIMMY, WHY
Krejci, so good.
Tweet of the night: