Obviously since this was the Blackhawks' first return to Boston since winning the Stanley Cup here last season, narratives were a' flyin'. I'm not particularly interested in any of them. Winning this game does not bring back the Stanley Cup for the Bruins.
SURE FEELS GOOD SHUTTING OUT THOSE JERKS THOUGH.
- Patrice Bergeron extended his goal streak to five straight games, a career best.
- The Bergeron line was also utterly dominant against the Toews line tonight. Give Bergeron the Selke. Give it to him.
- Tuukka Rask recorded his 7th shutout of the year.
- PLAY LIKE CARL!!!!
- The 2nd and 3rd goals were 13 seconds apart hahahahahaha
- Man, it's just really nice to see the Bruins rolling this time of year as opposed to slumping like it seems like they do every spring. 34 points up for grabs in March. The Bruins have 27 of them.
- The Bruins naming the Boston Fire Department the first star of the game was a class move.
- The Bruins really seem to struggle against speedy teams. It's a recurring issue.
- Andrew Shaw is a jackass.
- The Blackhawks.
GIF HIGHLIGHTS (courtesy of Steph)
Bergeron's first goal:
Bergeron's 2nd Goa (LOL CRAWFORD YOU TRIED):