Not the greatest defensive game for the Bruins today as they allowed the Flyers to take fifty shots on goal. Tuukka Rask weathered the storm, allowing three goals but stopping 47 shots. Goals from Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara and Andrej Meszaros got the game to a shootout, and Reilly Smith knocked home his second shootout attempt of the season in the fifth round for the win.
With this win, the Bruins have reached the 110 point mark, are one away from 50 ROW, are now at .500 when getting to the shootout, are still first in the league with a three point margin on St. Louis and an 11 point lead over the next team in the East.
- Patrice Bergeron extended his goal streak to seven straight games. Dude is on a roll.
- Rask was absolutely lights out considering how disastrous the defense was today.
- NINE GAME ROAD WIN STREAK. Longest road win streak in team history.
- Zdeno Chara bagged his tenth PPG today, The Bruins were scoring at a rate of 20.8% on the PP before this game, and that was good for fourth best in the league - today's game might be enough to bump them up into third.
- The PK looked strong as usual.
- The Bruins are currently rocking a +83 goal differential. Only one team, Chicago, has scored more goals this year - and only six more at that. Remember in 2009-2010 when the Bruins were 29th in goals for? What a time to be alive.
- The defense today, so sloppy. Take a look at the Extra Skater fenwick chart - it's ridiculous how the Bruins seemed to flatline starting late in the second period. The Flyers turned it on and the Bruins just couldn't match up. Possibly an effect of the second game of a back to back, and it's good that they were able to hang on for the win.
- Shootouts are still dumb, even when the Bruins win in them.
- Sean Couturier's face.
- The Andrej Meszaros points streak has reached critical mass. 16 GAMES. They're 15-1-1 in the month of March.
GIF HIGHLIGHTS (courtesy of Steph)
A Meszy goal:
And Reilly Smith's game winning shootout goal!