David Krejci's heroics are often underappreciated, but not tonight. A concerted effort was made to get him the puck for the ENG, and sink it he did - for another career hat trick. Krejci and Jarome Iginla each beat Tim Thomas in the first period, after which he had to switch masks. Krejci added his second with seconds left in the second period. Chad Johnson had a shutout through 52 minutes or so; his only allowed goal was actually deflected in by Matt Bartkowski. Krejci got his third with the net empty, and that sealed the deal. Next time the Bruins face this team, Roberto Luongo might be in net??
- Everything about David Krejci, forever.
- This should be Chad Johnson right now:
The Panthers rang about five shots off the posts tonight.
- Krejci, Johnson, and Chara got the three stars.
- The team had a 57.1% corsi for on the penalty kill. Panthers gonna Panther.
- Why would you fight Krys Barch, Lucic? He is a waste of space. Barch, I mean.
- Oh Bartkowski.
- Does that look like the save of a man who wants to give up his starting spot? I beg to differ.
- That was the first hat trick at home by a Bruin all year.
- Shawn Thornton and Tuukka Rask co-own a yacht. I feel like this needs to be explored further.
Here's Timmy with another huge save on Bergeron:
But Krejci beat him, eventually...
Tweet of the Game
And on another note me and Tiny Tim are gonna rip it up the rest of the year!!!!!!! #dreamteam— Strombone (@strombone1) March 5, 2014