HERE HAVE SOME EXTRA SKATER STATS
AND SOME FANCY CHARTS
If you're like me, you rolled your eyes a lot when Detroit went up 2-0, because the Bruins were playing the game tonight looking like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. They allowed their first PPG of the season, allowed their first lead of the series since game 1. But Torey Krug had a PPG in the second and Milan Lucic tied it up early in the third, so suddenly...overtime.
And of course, who else to be the hero but Jarome Iginla? It's the ultimate conundrum for hockey fans who hate the Bruins but unabashedly love Jarome. How to feel about this?
- Thank you forever, JFJ, for the delight of a goaltender that is Tuukka Rask. He's kept the team in this series when they've been garbage (that whole first period anyone?) and it's been incredible.
- Carl Soderberg. Remember Yetiwatch last year? Did anyone think that he'd blossom into what he is now, negating any and all complaints about a third line that we had, ever?
- Thank you for finally getting on the board, KIL line. That was starting to get worrisome.
- Dougie Hamilton's work on that OT goal was a thing of beauty.
- GIVE DOUGIE MORE ICE TIME, CLODE
- That first period was b-a-d bad.
Lucic is a random stats nerd. We knew this.
a little middle finger action
Tuukka Rask in god mode
IGGY IGGY IGGY
Game 5 is at TD Garden, Saturday at 3PM! DON'T MISS IT