ESPN is reporting that the Boston Red Sox have acquired Paul Byrd from the Cleveland Indians.
Here are some fun facts so you can get to know the newest member of Red Sox Nation...
- He has an old-timey windup that hasn't been seen since the deadball era
- He is nicknamed "Frasier" because he resembles Kelsey Grammer
- His father is named Larry Byrd
- He was accused of using HGH and was named in the Mitchell Report
- He used to be a substitute teacher
- He has had Tommy John Surgery
- In his autobiography "Free Byrd", Byrd revealed that he is a devout Christian, addicted to pornography, and likes to see his teammates fail
I guess things were getting boring around the clubhouse with Manny gone.