The Bruins are back on the road after a short one game home stand. The B's are in Buffalo tonight to face the red hot Buffalo Sabres (4-0-1). The Black & Gold are looking to bounce back from last night's shootout loss to Pittsburgh in the team's home opener.
Things to look for tonight:
- Can the B's contain NHL leading scorer Thomas Vanek (7-2-9 +3)? The Austrian left winger was named the NHL's First Star of the Week last week.
- How will the B's react to playing their first back to back games of the season?
- The B's power play will have to be sharp tonight. The Buffalo PK has not given up a goal in 24 chances so far this season.
- Can the B's crack goaltender Ryan Miller (3-0-0 1.30 GAA .945 SV%)?
- With games on back to back nights and Tim Thomas battling a case of the sniffles, Claude Julien will go with Manny Fernandez in goal. Tonight will be Manny Fernandez's 300th NHL game.
- P.J. Axelsson is expected be out of the lineup again tonight with muscle spasms.
- Tim Connolly, Paul Gaustad, and Jochen Hecht are all on the shelf for the Sabres. This is an opportunity for the B's to improve their faceoff numbers.
That is about all I've got for you. Maybe I should have had this eloquent, optimistic, and not to mention fashion forward Buffalo Sabres fan write the preview instead: