The Bruins skated to their third straight victory last night when they defeated the Sabres 3-1 on home ice. The win improves their record to 8-3-3 and vaults the Bruins into first place in the Northeast Division. Chuck Kobasew made his return to the lineup after missing 12 games with a leg injury by scoring a goal and adding an assist. Manny Fernandez turned in a solid effort between the pipes, turning away 32 of 33 Buffalo shots.
- I can't say enough about the play of the Thornton-Yelle -Kobasew line. I have been very impressed with the play of Shawn Thornton this year. This guy can do a lot more than just throw haymakers.
- What is going on with Ryan Miller and the Buffalo Sabres? (8 goals against in the last 2 games)
- How good is it to have a guy like Manny Fernandez as a backup?
- The B's did a good job of playing a disciplined game and staying out of the box (2 minor penalties).
- Milan Lucic had almost as many hits last night as Phil Kessel had in 82 games last year.
- Great night at the faceoff dot for the Bruins (67%), especially Stephane Yelle (7 for 8).
If you haven't read it yet, Kevin Paul Dupont wrote a great column in today's Boston Globe where we advocates for a return to old time hockey.
Next Game: Wednesday @ Chicago 8:30 PM ET