The Bruins will look for their 10th victory in their last 12 games when they host the Buffalo Sabres at TD Banknorth Garden tonight. The B's are coming off a 3-2 win against Toronto on Monday night, while the Sabres are looking end a two game skid.
Just who are these Sabres you speak of?
Buffalo Sabres 9-5-3; 21 pts (3rd in Northeast)
Thomas Vanek 13 Goals (13-3-16)
Ryan Miller 14 GP 8-3-2; 2.22 GAA .922 Sv% 2 SO
Patrick Lalime 4 GP 1-2-1; 3.65 GAA .875 Sv%
Guys Who Like to Drop the Gloves
Andrew Peters 43 PIMs, 5 Fighting Majors
Patrick Kaleta 36 PIMs, 2 Fighting Majors
Adam Mair 41 PIMs, 1 Fighting Major, 1 visit to the visitor's dressing room
'08 - '09 Season Series
Bruins Record vs. Sabres: 1-0-1
11/8 vs. BUF 3-1 Win
10/21 @ BUF 3-2 SO Loss
Andrew Ference: Out 6-8 Weeks (Broken Tibia)
Marco Sturm: "Very Doubtful" (Upper Body Injury)
Tim Connolly: Questionable (Bruised Chest)
Ales Kotalik: Out (Hamstring)
Things to Look for Tonight:
- If you are heading out to The Garden tonight, the B's are hosting another Sam Adams Bru Fest.
- Also, the B's are teaming up with Cradles-to-Crayons for a coat drive tonight. They will be collecting new and gently used children's coats. "Donate a coat at the collection bins at turnstiles for the chance to win Boston Bruins autographed memorabilia. Coats being donated should be sizes newborn to 16, clean with no stains, tears, or overly worn".
- Buffalo has shuffled their lines. Thomas Vanek will be on a line with Jason Pominville and Jochen Hecht. While Derek Roy will center a line with Clark MacArthur and Drew Stafford.
- Buffalo has the 3rd best PK in the league (87.3%)
- Sabres slayer Manny Fernandez will get the start in goal tonight
- Petteri Nokelainen will likely replace Sturm in the lineup
Today's Obligatory Embarrassing YouTube Fan Video
A Few Things About This Video:
1. It looks like we have finally solved the mystery of the whereabouts of Peter Schaefer's missing soul patch.
2. I hate people who refer to their favorite team as "we". No matter how much you live vicariously through the Sabres, you are not on the roster.
3. Don't forget to check out this guy's Limp Bizkit cover band "All 4 Da Nookie" at the Orchard Park VFW Hall this Friday. Doors open at 7 pm.