The Bruins will continue their 2-game Florida road trip tonight when they take on the Florida Panthers in Sunrise, FL. Both teams will be looking for their fourth straight victory tonight when they take the ice at the BankAtlantic Center.
Just who are these Panthers that you speak of?
Florida Panthers 11-11-3; 25 pts (3rd in South(l)east, 9th in East)
Leading Goal Scorer
David Booth 12 Goals (12-2-14)
Tomas Vokoun 16 GP 5-10-0; 3.01 GAA .911 Sv% 1 SO
Craig Anderson 12 GP 6-1-3 1.89 GAA .947 Sv% 2 SO
Craig Anderson has been red hot for the Panthers lately. He turned in an impressive 45 save effort Thursday night in a 2-1 victory against Buffalo. Look for Anderson to be back between the pipes again tonight.
Guys Who Like to Drop the Gloves
Nick Boynton: 3 Fighting Majors (fought Lucic on 11/21)
Keith Ballard, Wade Belak, Gregory Campbell, Anthony Stewart: 1 Fighting Major each
'08-'09 Season Series
Bruins Record vs. Florida: 1-0-0
11/21 vs. FLA 4-2 W
LW Marco Sturm: "Very Doubtful" (Whiplash-like Symptoms)
D Dennis Wideman: Day-to-Day (Undisclosed Injury)
D Aaron Ward: Out (Leg)
D Andrew Ference: IR (Fractured Tibia)
RW Nathan Horton: IR (Ankle Laceration)
LW David Booth: Out (Shoulder)
LW Richard Zednik: IR (Elbow)
LW Cory Stillman: IR (Post Concussion Symptoms)
D Cory Murphy: IR (Shoulder)
D Bryan Allen: IR (Knee Surgery)
F Olesz, Rostislav: Questionable (Groin)
Things to Look for Tonight
- Kevin Paul Dupont indicated in this morning's Boston Globe that Manny Fernandez would likely get the start in goal. Bish has also reported that Fernandez was the first goalie off the ice during the morning skate, indicating that Manny will likely be the starter tonight.
- Can Craig Anderson really be this good? The B's will need to test him.
- With 3 of their top 4 goal scorers out of the lineup (Booth, Horton, & Stillman), who is left to put the puck in the net for the Panthers?
- I wonder if injured Panthers LW David Booth and Tim Thomas will meet up after the game to shoot the shit about grizzly bear hunting?
- Will Nick Boynton be brave/stupid enough to fight Looch again?
- The Panthers allow the most shots on goal in the league (35 shots per game)
- The Panthers have struggled on the power play this year (14.9 %)
Today's Obligatory Embarrassing YouTube Fan Video
This guy must have joined a Doomsday cult or something because this is the only video for Florida Panthers TV. I feel like this guy would have provided me with enough embarrassing videos for the whole season.