The Bruins will play host to the Carolina Hurricanes tomorrow afternoon for a matinee matchup. The B's will look to extend their home win streak to 13 games against a Carolina team that has walked away with points in their last six games (3-0-3).
Just who are these Hurricanes that you speak of?
Carolina Hurricanes 15-12-5; 35 pts (2nd in Southeast, 8th in East)
Leading Goal Scorers
Eric Staal: 13 Goals (13-9-22)
Ray Whitney: 10 Goals (10-15-25)
Tuomo Ruutu: 10 Goals (10-9-19)
Cam Ward: 21 GP 10-7-3; 2.51 GAA .914 Sv% 1 SO
Michael Leighton: 12 GP 5-5-2; 3.04 GAA .898 Sv%
Guys Who Like to Drop the Gloves
Wade Brookbank: 6 Fighting Majors
Tim Gleason: 3 Fighting Majors
'08-'09 Season Series
First of 4 Meetings
LW Marco Sturm: Out ("Lower Body Injury" looks like knee)
D Aaron Ward: Out (Leg)
D Andrew Ference: Out (Broken Tibia)
C Petteri Nokelainen: Out (Arm)
D Anton Babchuk: Questionable (Arm)
D Niclas Wallin: Doubtful (Leg)
- Phil Kessel's point streak is at 16 games.
- Do you start Thomas to try and build his confidence back up or do you go with the hot hand and start Fernandez?
- A few familiar faces will be making a return visit to the Hub of Hockey. Former Bruins Sergei Samsonov and Wade Brookbank (B's Stats: 7 GP 1-0-1 15 PIMs) and former BC Eagle Patrick Eaves should be in the lineup for the Hurricanes.
- The B's should take advantage of their opportunities on the power play like they did against the Leafs (4 for 6 on PP). The Canes are ranked #26 on the PK (79.6%).
- The Canes (52.2% FO%, 5th in NHL) will challenge the B's centermen.
- Wade Brookbank fought both Shawn Thornton and Milan Lucic last season.
- Aaron Ward might not want to wear his Hurricanes Stanley Cup ring to the rink tomorrow.
- Fun fact courtesy of wikipedia: the goal horn from the Hartford Civic Center is still in use at the RBC Center, where the Hurricanes play their home games. The RBC Center doesn't have a shopping mall though.
- Don't forget about Whale Watch '08 . Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Today's Obligatory Embarrassing YouTube Fan Video
Clay Aiken is no Rene Rancourt.