The Bruins will look to carry the momentum from Saturday night's 7-2 win over Carolina into tonight's game against the
Mighty Ducks of Orange County of California of the United States of the Western Hemisphere Anaheim Ducks at the TD Garden. Meanwhile, the Ducks (0-1-0) are searching for their first win of the season.
Know Your Enemy
Anaheim Ducks (0-1-0)
Leading Goal Scorer in '08-'09: Cory Perry 32 goals
Key Additions: Evgeny Artyukhin, Nick Boynton, Steve Eminger, Saku Koivu, Joffrey Lupul, Luca Sbisa
Key Departures: Francois Beauchemin, Bret Hedican, Drew Miller, Rob Niedermayer, Chris Pronger
Jonas Hiller 1 GP 0-1-0 4.00 GAA .892 Sv%
Jean-Sebastian Gigeure 1 GP 0-0-1 3.81 GAA .875%
Bruins Projected Lines & D-Pairs
Milan Lucic - Marc Savard - Marco Sturm
Blake Wheeler - David Krejci - Michael Ryder
Mark Recchi - Patrice Bergeron - Chuck Kobasew
Shawn Thornton - Steve Begin - Byron Bitz
Zdeno Chara - Derek Morris
Andrew Ference - Dennis Wideman
Mark Stuart - Matt Hunwick
Ducks Projected Lines & D-Pairs
Bobby Ryan - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Joffrey Lupul - Saku Koivu - Teemu Selanne
Todd Marchant - Erik Christensen - Evgeny Artyukin
Mike Brown - Ryan Carter - George Parros
Scott Niedermayer - Luca Sbisa
Ryan Whitney - James Wisniewski
Sheldon Brookbank - Steve Eminger
Bruins: No Injuries to report
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
|Player||Injury Type||Injury Date|
- Former Bruin Petteri Nokelainen is not expected to play. He is still recovering from a abdominal/groin injury.
- We could see an all-Ivy league throwdown if Byron Bitz (Cornell) and George Parros (Princeton) drop the gloves. Wikipedia Fun Fact: Parros wrote his senior thesis at Princeton on a West Coast longshoremen labor dispute.
- Money Line: Boston -170 Anaheim +156
- The Bruins and Ducks are two of the most penalized teams in the NHL averaging 30.5 and 26.5 PIMs per game respectively. Only the Carolina Hurricanes have average more (31.5). Most of those PIMs came from the fights in the B's-Canes game on Saturday.
- No word if former Bruin Nick Boynton will play tonight. The veteran defense was a healthy scratch for the team's opener, but dressed on Tuesday vs. Minnesota logging 9:03 of ice time.
- For more on the Ducks, check out Earl Sleek & Co. and their brilliant cartoons on Battle of California
- Game starts at 7:00 (NESN). Public Skate open thread starts at 6:30.
Today's Obligatory Embarrassing Ducks Fan YouTube Video: