A afternoon matinee tomorrow means an early edition preview today:
The Bruins will host the Philadelphia Flyers tomorrow afternoon at the TD Banknorth Garden. The B's beat the flu-ridden Flyers 3-1 on Wednesday night in Philly.
Just who are these Flyers you speak of?
Philadelphia Flyers 26-15-9; 61 pts (3rd in Atlantic, 6th in East)
Leading Goal Scorers
2008 - Jeff Carter
2008 - Simon Gagne
2008 - Scott Hartnell
2008 - Martin Biron
2008 - Antero Niittymaki
Guys Who Like to Drop the Gloves
Riley Cote: 16 Fighting Majors
Aaron Asham: 13 Fighting Majors
'08-'09 Season Series
Bruins lead season series 1-0-0
2/4 @ PHI 3-1 W
LW Marco Strum: IR (Knee)
D Matt Hunwick: Questionable (Flu)
LW Milan Lucic: Probable (Bruised Foot)
RW Michael Ryder: Probable (Face)
D Aaron Ward: Questionable (Flu)
D Braydon Coburn: Probable (Flu)
C Mike Richards: Questionable (Flu)
RW Scottie Upshall: Questionable (Flu)
C Daniel Briere: Out Indefinitely (Groin)
LW Jonathon Kalinski: IR (Thigh)
C Josh Gratton: IR (Abdominal Surgery)
D Derian Hatcher: IR (Knee)
- Flyer's defemseman Braydon Coburn is expected to play after missing last game with the flu. Mike Richards and Scott Upshall did not make the trip to Boston with the team, but could be flown in for the game if they are feeling better.
- Milan Lucic skated with the team today after determining that his foot was not broken.
- According to Claude Julien, Manny Fernandez is at 100%
- Aaron Ward did not practice friday and is experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- The Flyers have the second most potent power play in the NHL (24%)
- Open Thread starts at noon
Today's Obligatory Embarrassing YouTube Fan Video
I'm wicked itimidated by the Jack Edwards look-a-like at the :22 mark.